accommodation features at serra halls gap
Wood fire heating with exposed wooden beams and ceiling in the living, dining and kitchen area helps connect the house with its environment. The house has two bedrooms with queen size beds and a third bedroom with two sets of bunks. Inside the house we offer extensive reading and information about the Grampians, as well some luxuries and practical items to make sure when it is time to rest, you can in complete comfort. In particular we offer:
main bedroom, second + third bedroom
Main bedroom with luxury free-standing terrazzo egg bath to watch TV/Austar from or just relax with bath salts provided. Quality linen and towels. All beds have 1,000 TC cotton sheets and woollen doonas. The main bedroom is connected directly to bathroom. Second bedroom has a queen bed and third bedroom has two sets of bunks.
reading + information on the grampians
In the living area, one wall has a wealth of information about walks and activities in the Grampians National Park with relevant maps, presented in three different frames encompassing Southern, Wonderland and Northern Grampians — great way to plan the next day’s activities. Wild Magazines can be found in the bath cabinet in the main bedroom.
for the kids (and a break for the parents)
- The area directly out from the deck running along the length of the house is gated and fenced providing a safe area for little ones to play while you enjoy your BBQ.
- 1500 plus piece Lego/Fisher Price Little People and assorted children toys and board games.
- Xbox Kinect (we have two games but many people bring their own games as games left in the house tend to get scratched and just create frustration).
- The oval is a one minute walk away. The property has ample space to kick the footy/have a game of cricket. Perfect for bikes.
- Porta cot and high chair supplied free of charge if required. Please advise when booking.
- Kids Foxtel package in living area and main bedroom if you need a little down time.
Multi-room (living area and main bedroom). Additional packages include: sports, movies, kids and entertainment. My Star Box in main living room. Pause live TV (quickly run into the shop to get a treat or put the kids to bed without missing your favorite show). Record shows. Fox Footy channel showing every home and away game and final live.
With Austar in two rooms, you can easily choose not to watch the football as well. You can rent box office movies or main event shows (please note to use box office we will require your credit card details prior to the booking to debit you. A small surcharge applies).
other important information
- Outdoor BBQ and large outdoor table and chairs. Outdoor fire pit to enjoy a camp fire. To be sensitive to the environment this is available only outside of the fire protection period which runs from December 10, 2012 until May 1, 2013.
- Reverse cycle air conditioner and heating as well as wood fired heating.
- DVD library, stereo with iPod docking station, speaker is wired to outside entertaining area.
- washing machine and dryer.
kitchen and cooking
- electric oven, dishwasher, tea, coffee, milo and sugar supplied.
- practical items such as slow cooker (put your meal in before you leave for the day and have it ready when you return) and rice cooker.
- coffee plunger and tea pot supplied and quality glass wear, pots crockery.
- a cocktail maker and glasses supplied.